About Me

There are a million grand stories waiting to be told, and I think a few of them are mine. I am experienced in the traditional arts concentrating in oil painting, graphite drawing, and painting on shoes. My talents extend to digital photography, design, and illustration, and my newest endeavor is animation.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Module 4: Kaphrus final

I will not be submitting this into the competition.


Using Photoshop, a little bit of Illustrator, and Flash, I created this image. I imported my hand drawn sketch and worked in layers to create this final image. My goals were to create a female heroic image mixed with advanced technology.  I made the title animated because I am thinking about the future and how book covers may be digital one day. My idea is a cross between the digital photo frames that are presently out, and Harry Potter's idea of the animated newspapers and posters. 

I never like to do backgrounds for my pieces. I just don't have that type of talent. I kept the background simple.

Typography is not my strongest, but I like the chosen font. It is strong and fantasy like. I chose the traditional position of the title at the top and the author name at the bottom. I purposely made the 'authors' name a non focal point because I did not want to come across as an 'author'. If this were a clients book I was designing the author's name would stand out and be bigger. The color choice could have been different, I see that now. 

Here is a still:

No comments:

Post a Comment