About Me

There are a million grand stories waiting to be told, and I think a few of them are mine. I am experienced in the traditional arts concentrating in oil painting, graphite drawing, and painting on shoes. My talents extend to digital photography, design, and illustration, and my newest endeavor is animation.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Module 4 Sketches

Spectrum

http://www.spectrumfantasticart.com/entryinfo.php

My submission entails artwork for the cover of a book. I like this contest because there are few restrictions. A lot of the guidelines were focused on the submission part of the contest.

 I chose to base this artwork off of a mini story idea I came up with. It is a fantasy story about a girl, Kaphrus, who, unbeknownst to herself and her fellow villagers, is the chosen one. She is an independent adventure going girl. A long time ago there was an evil powerful creature who took over and destroyed all of the worlds in the realm. A group of 4 individuals managed to capture him and ban him into a containment spell. Another evil individual managed to find and free this contained evil. It is now up to Kaphrus to find the hidden scrolls that contain the chants to put this evil creature away, once and for all. 

I want the focus to be on the female character. She is bold, strong, and confident. There is no damsel in distress here.





No comments:

Post a Comment